Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bar-B-Cutie

Food Review

501 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN

With a name like Bar-B-Cutie how could we not try this adorable franchise Bar-B-Q fast-food restaurant?  With its menu on the wall and counter ordering, I wasn’t sure what to expect.  Appetizers and samplers, 20 side options, plates or platters the choices were plentiful.  You could also get stuffed potatoes, sandwiches and bulk platters to go.

I opted for the Hickory Smoked Bar-B-Q Platter, I found out after ordering is was 2oz larger than the plate size with larger side items.  There was way too much food,  would have gone with the plate size.  A generous portion of 17 hours slow cooked pork, moist and smoky and no fat to be found.   All of the sauces were found at our table (Hot, Mild or Sweet).  I tried a bit of all of them, but I think it would have been more flavorful to have it pre-sauced and soaked in.


This adorable display was found on a railing inside!

As for sides I went with baked potato with all the fixing and the house Mac n Cheese.  No way to screw up the potato but the Mac needed a bit more seasoning.  Loved the Texas style toast that came with the plate.


The dinner plate was well priced for the portion, $8.99.  One of my dinner mates tried the Bar-B-Q on Cornbread that was more like a cornbread pancake.  Okay, but not great.


Super cute 58 year old franchise, quick and well priced, but not my vision of authentic B-B-Q (but expect from a franchise.)  I would go back if they opened up in New England and the service was great!

http://www.bar-b-cutie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think!